Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Kabal of the Crimson Woe - Duke Harkanet completed

I had to take a break from the assembly-line painting for a bit, and finished up the second Dark Eldar Archon - Duke Harkanet.


Duke Harkanet is the Crimson King's second in command, and takes to the field with his bodyguard of Incubi, and as such wears similar colors. Armed with a Soul Trap and a Husk Blade, he's used to hunt down enemy ICs which grant him a strength boost for every one he kills


The Incubi have been posted before, but I thought I'd include a pic again to show how the Archon ties in with the unit. Eventually I'll be building four more Incubi to fill up the Raider, though the squad can also be cut down to 4 and put them and Duke Harkanet in a Venom... It's good to have options!

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! The Huskblade turned out very well and I like th Incubi blades a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I tend to color code my weapons for ease of view on the tabletop - in the case of the Dark Eldar, all the power weapons are done in green which helps me remember that they're special. It also helps to give the various models another spot color to help them stand out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I love the rich gold colour of the incubi. Very decedent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Great man tell me what color greens did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! These were done using a base of Vallejo Jade Green followed by a GW Thrakka Green wash and then a drybrush of Vallejo Scorpion Green.

    ReplyDelete