Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dark Angels - Adepticon Army (v1) Painted!

The final push happened last night and the 1850 list I've been working towards has been completed! I still need to take shots of a few of the individual units (assault marines and vindicator), but I did snap a few pics of the army laid out on the (admittedly boring) display board:


So far so good! 16 terminators, 21 marines and 10 scouts, a Vindicator and the Nephilim. Not bad for a month's worth of work...


Here's a couple close-ups - most of these have been seen before, but there are a few newly painted units: the assault squad using the Sanguinary Guard winged jump packs can be seen lurking around the base of the Nephilim and the Vindicator "Gloriam Leo" backs the tactical marines. I'm still considering swapping out one of the scout squads for a Whirlwind, and there's a little part of my mind urging me to put the army up on eBay and start a whole new project between now and April. Must... Resist...

Heh.

6 comments:

  1. Not bad for a month?!? That's close to a year's worth for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine's going to be 25 Terminators and a Land Raider. If I can do that by the end of the YEAR I'll be impressed...

    Looking great! (Jealousy...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, but it's so cool! Don't ebay it yet, flesh it out to 2k points!

    (Okay, I admit it, I just want to see more Deathwing models.....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks!

    @Da Masta Cheef: To be fair, I've been working on my guard for the better part of five years and it's still not done. This was a selective bit of speed painting. :)

    @RebelGrot: Nice! I've got another ten terminators (5 Knights, 5 Command Squad) to go yet, and have been considering a Land Raider too. Great minds think alike!

    @#2501: Hah! I'm committed to taking these guys to Adepticon but the army as a whole will likely go on the auction block when I get back from the trip. Ironically, the army as built is over 3000 points, I've just been focusing on the models I'm taking out to Chicago fir the short term. More Deathwing (and a fair chunk of heretofore unseen Ravenwing) to come!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job for only 1 month!
    Looks like a solid 1850 DAs army.
    Got me thinking of something similar.
    Keep up the amazing work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You paint faster than I switch armies! I gotta get to Adepticon one of these days...it will make me get an army finished for a change.

    ReplyDelete