Monday, May 25, 2015

Heresy Era Imperial Fists - Time for a family photo!

Dealing with some recalcitrant machine spirits in my primary cogitator again (Omnissiah, why hast thou forsaken me?), so I'm forced to post from my phone. That makes getting all the numerous pics uploaded for the next post in the hobby series a little challenging, so here's a quick filler post for the holiday weekend - a whole mess of Imperial Fists!


As usual as I paint the units they go into the battlefoam trays and into the Closet of Doom, so it is always a pleasant surprise to pull 'em back out and see what the progress really looks like! At this point it's a valid army, but there's still a few more things to add before it's a viable army. Two Sicaran Venators and a pair of Proteus Land Raiders should add a bit of zest to the force.

That said, I gotta say I'm pretty burned out painting yellow after finally getting the 20 tac marines done (more pics of those to follow), so I'm thinking for my own sanity it's time to change gears and crack open a few boxes of the new GW Adeptus Mechanicus miniatures I've been squirreling away over the last few months - should be fun!

12 comments:

  1. A really splendid looking force - great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of yellow.

    I commend you on your fortitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work mate! Such a great sight to see everything come together as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never cease to astound me with the speed you get these fine armies done. Splendid indeed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Imperial Fists force, man. The tanks will really round it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might be burnt out on yellow, but I don't think many more painters could bust out so many yellow units at such a standard in such a short time.

    Stay positive brother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me I need to get a group photo of mine and keep it no where near yours in case it scars them.

    That is a lot of well painted Imperial Fist might you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Pawn Cocktail: Thanks very much!

    @Rictus: Haha! Let's just say my love of painting yellow has worn off at this point. :)

    @Jabberjabber: Thank you!

    @Siph Horridus: Little bit each day, and it's done before I know it!

    @CJ Kilbride: Indeed! Been saving the fun stuff for last! :)

    @Raymond Tan: Cheers!

    @Matthew Beavis: Thanks man!

    @Greg Hess: I appreciate it!

    @Dai: Thanks bud!

    @Zzzzzz: Cheers, man!

    @Rory Priest: Thanks, definitely looking forward to seeing more of your Thousand Sons - All Is Dust!

    Cheers, everyone!

    ReplyDelete