Sunday, July 5, 2015

40k Adeptus Mechanicus - Kataphron Breachers painting begins

Was in the zone this weekend and after finishing the base paint jobs on the Electro-Priests I continued on and got cracking on the Kataphron Breachers as well!


The whole model got a heavy drybrushing of Boltgun Metal followed by a dirty brown wash to give 'em a hard-worn oily look. Once that dried I laid in the reds and got all the gold/brass trim sorted out, and gave the skin an unhealthy greenish pallor befitting their servitor status. Next up are all the innumerable power cables, lenses and whatnot. So far, so good!

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh...these are looking very khorne like. Now gives me a new idea....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you've done to those models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly don't know how you manage to get out consistent and quick good work. Bravo.

    I agree with Greggles that they could make lovely little cute Lord of Skulls minis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg's right about the Khorne-ness about these. That's not a bad thing I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These models look too good for me not to get.

    Sigh, more for the Pending Pile.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. @CJ Kilbride: Thanks man!

    @Greg Hess: Indeed - they definitely feel a little angry at this stage! :)

    @John Lambshead: I appreciate it!

    @Riot ville: Cheers, man!

    @Rory Priest: Practice, practice, practice! :)

    @Dai: Totally!

    @#2501: They're chock full of cool bits, the kits are worth picking up just for the conversion possibilities!

    Cheers everyone!

    ReplyDelete