Thursday, February 22, 2018

40k Exodite Eldar - Spiritseer and Seer Council built!

Been a rather hectic couple of weeks in Real Life(tm) recently and not as much hobby progress as I'd like has taken place. That's not to say there hasn't been any! A package arrived with some bits and kits and I was able to assemble the remaining HQ elements of the Exodite force:


First up, the Spiritseer who will help guide the myriad wraith constructs - Il'lyrr'ieath'el'dron'ia the Unpronounceable commands the force by virtue of the number of apostrophes in her name. Built from the Mistweaver Siah model and a whole mess of bits from the ever-growing pile of leftovers, I'm really pleased with the sense of motion the model ended up having!


Rounding out the leadership is a Seer Council - I had envisioned that they were all so attuned to the worldspirit that they had partially melded with the forest and are on the way to becoming psychic husks. Eldar undead dryad psykers weren't part of my original vision when I set out but sometimes it's interesting to see where a project will lead you! Looking forward to painting these in particular, I'm going to try and do the exposed flesh in the witch-light green I've done previously with the Thousand Sons, and depending on how that looks may revisit the Avatar model and re-do the orange-y red flames in green to help contrast against the erstwhile orange-y red leaves of the autumnal scheme...

In other news, I just did my taxes and there's a bit of a cost overrun, so expect to see some models going up on the auction block soon - The most recent Thousand Sons, Prospero Spireguard and Zhao Arkkad Mechanicum have got to go, as well as some other odd stuff!

13 comments:

  1. I like the idea of rank being determined by the number of apostrophes in their names. Actually, come to think of it, I think that was a rough measure of power for Daemon Princes and Greater Daemons back in the Realm of Chaos books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love that Farseer conversion. The hits work wonderfully together for a great sense of movement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! Definitely a scrounge and glue-up type build, went into it with minimal plan but happy with how it turned out!

      Delete
  3. Awesome Farseer, I really love the lines you give to him using also the components of the base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just one of those super cool ideas and executions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers bud, I know that I wanted to use the Mistweaver Siah model for something, really jazzed with how she turned out!

      Delete
  5. How are you going to play Silver Tower now!? I like what you've done with the flowers (leaves? butterflies?). Makes it look all swirly and magical (ethereal?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the way you are combining the two genres to make a beautiful and unique version of the Eldar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the various bits have all gone together!

      Delete