Thursday, January 25, 2018

Heresy Era Sons of Horus - Rhino chassis "Off the factory floor"

Just a quick hit this morning - Realized I hadn't posted up the recent in-progress shots of the Sons of Horus Rhino-based vehicles I've been working on. Sadly it's been really cold of late (what with it being winter and all) so I haven't had a change to get anything spray sealed for fear of mucking it up due to temperature. Nonetheless I have gotten the trio of Rhinos to the point where they're ready to receive waterslides and weathering!


A quick pic of the three variant turrets, allowing the tanks to be used as a trio of regular Rhinos with a pintle-mounted Multimeltas, Whirlwinds, and/or a Damocles command tank (or a mix thereof). Really rather happy with how they're coming along so far, and am looking forward to adding some legion symbols and some muck and scrapes to give 'em a bit more personality. So far, so good!

10 comments:

  1. Looking excellent at the moment! Almost(!) makes me wish I hadn't abandoned the Heresy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a shame that things seem to have cooled a bit on the heresy front. I still prefer it, but am dipping my toe back in to the 40k pool!

      Delete
    2. 8th has a way of doing that! I think it will eventually come to 30k as well, after a year or two. In the mean time, might we see a sprinkling of Mordian Iron Guard back on here? I'm really tempted to break out my Vallahallan or Tallarn and get some paint on them.

      Delete
    3. I'll admit I was tempted when the Indexes came out and seeing that the rough riders were back in, but my hopes were dashed when the actual codex came out and they were dropped again. Not going to rule it out entirely though!

      Delete
  2. Those Wargame Exclusive turrets look amazing. I may need to open my Prospero box and start that Pre-Heresy Death Guard army....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang ! You're moving so fast I can't keep up with the blog posts ! Those rhino parts only go so well because you hit the balance between the sea green and the detail bits right on the sweet spot - I think it would easier to make those look like add on bits of cathedral than believable bits of AFV but you've done it.

    I do like the WE stuff, it just looks hard to blend it in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! Aye, the aesthetic of the WGE parts is a little jarring - tried to downplay it a little. I think the more pronounced cathedral look may be more suitable on a Word Bearers vehicle, though. I probably should do an army of them just to find out, right? ;)

      Delete
  4. Looking well.

    Thankfully you will be able to use your marines in both 30k and 40k pretty easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Aye, these guys lend themselves pretty well to both rulesets. Nothing too crazy!

      Delete