Monday, March 26, 2012

Heresy Era Thousand Sons - Jump Veterans Complete!

In the home stretch now! The penultimate unit for the Thousand Sons is now complete - Veteran Squad Besenmut. I had fun building Sergeant Besenmut, figured it was appropriate thematically to have him in combat with a Space Wolf.


The models were built from a mix of parts - Khorne Berzerkers, old school metal jump packs from way back in the day, and some resin-cast bits I picked up on eBay. All that remains is a single Rhino and all 4,000+ points will be complete!

7 comments:

  1. That's truly an inspirational squad, coupled with excellent conversion work!

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic models, paint scheme and overall look. SOmething to be proud of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much folks! They were a blast to build and paint, though I have to say I'm glad the project is finally coming to a close. It's been an awful lot of crimson and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work and the Space Wolf makes the perfect touch.

    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice squad! The champ with the Space Wolve on his base is spectacular! How did you build him? Are the body and head or conversion or some special resin bit?

    Anyway, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks folks!

    @KrautScientist - The model utilizes a set of resin upgrade bits I picked up off of eBay from a seller called irina_est who occasionally posts up some egyptian-themed bits that work perfectly for the Thousand Sons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been barely catching bits and pieces of online time, but your Heresy Era Thousand Sons are one piece of blog-browsing I've not missed :) I'm insanely jealous of the trip to the Tempus Fugitives event, and the UK in general, but I've got to hand it to you...your army looks amazing. Each part individually and in total. I'd say 'well done' but that doesn't begin to describe my admiration for your work on this project!

    ReplyDelete