Sunday, July 27, 2014

Adeptus Mechanicus - House Krast Knight Paladins Painted

Pressed on over the weekend and got the waterslide transfers and some weathering onto the two Knight Paladins!



I envisioned the two paladins as being a pair of trusted retainers for the Baron (for which I intend to use one of FW's upcoming Knight Castigator). I rooted around through the big box o' transfers and found a few old Epic Titan Legion and Brettonian sheets that had some useful icons, and paired those with some of the transfers from the Knight kit itself. Once those were on I started sponging in the battle damage here and there, though I tried to keep it relatively light overall.



No battle damage on the rear of the Knights though - they always face their foes! Overall I'm quite pleased with the kit, though I wish it had a bit more native posability out of the box like the Eldar Wraithknight did. Nevertheless, I think the two of them have a sufficient difference in their posing to make them seem individualized.


In other news I busted out the Dremel and the respirator and set to sanding off all the huge casting gates from the King Russ tanks, as I feel I've painted enough stuff of late to warrant rewarding myself with some build time! Once all the parts are sanded, they go back for another soak and rinse and after they dry it'l be time to start the assembly process - woo hoo!

11 comments:

  1. The Knights look great ! Really nice work, quite inspiring. I'll have to give mine a little thought.

    And looking forward to seeing the 'King Russ' - what is it ? Is it like the Heavy Support tank that the guy in Germany used to make ?

    Hum - Now to prove that I'm not a robot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome, and with a Baron Senchal third knight will be a felty force to contend with. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knights are looking great and I'm intrigued by the 'King Russ'

    ReplyDelete
  4. From an ork players perspective, a king russ would be four russ tanks welded together. :)

    Knights look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! I like the aging on the yellow areas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Zzzzzz: Thanks! Aye, it's the old Golgotha/Magna Pattern/King Russ tank that Velard used to do way back in the day. Finally bringing the last three that I own back into the light of day!

    @Zab: Cheers, man!

    @Siph_Horridus: Thanks! I'm definitely looking forward to the Castigator!

    @The Man In A Hat: I appreciate it - pics of the tanks to follow!

    @Greg Hess: Haha! So true! Thanks man!

    @The Eye of Error: Thanks dude! It's all about the orange undercoat, really helps give the yellow some depth and glow!

    Cheers, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both look gorgeous mate. So much details to pore over. They'll look kickarse on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NIcely done. I love what you did with the battle cannon barrel.

    With my second one (pictrues forthcoming, I swear) I found that you have to do some extra carving to break out of the A-legs posing, but overall you can get some excellent results if you're willing to put in lots and lots of elbow grease.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking for something else (2nd ed tyranids and battlefleet gothic miniatures) I discovered the titan legions decal leftovers a friend had given me many many years ago, and just tonight cut out one of the stylised T emblems to go onto my own Knights knee. Nice coincidence.

    You've done areally good job, especially on the shoulders and the quartered shield.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Dai: Thanks very much!

    @#2501: Nice! Really looking forward to seeing how you did it!

    @Battybattybats: Thanks man!

    ReplyDelete