Thursday, July 31, 2014

Heresy Era Thousand Sons - King Russ scale shots

Pressed on with the tanks a bit more yesterday - got up early in the morning and got the reds all finished, which involved a thorough wash that I'd left to dry while I was at work. When I got home it was cool enough in the hobby loft to get the boltgun metal sections painted and washed as well:


I also dragged out some of the Mordian 7th's tanks to take some scale shots. It's quite a bit bigger than a Leman Russ:

 

...But significantly smaller than a Macharius:

 

While it's not as long as a Malcador, it's a bit wider and taller. That one actually surprised me when I laid them out next to each other. In my mind the Malcador was quite a bit bigger than the King Russ.

 

So far, so good! The heavy lifting phase is out of the way, now it's time to start the detailing. ...And the rivets.

Oh god, the rivets...

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the scale shots. It's always difficult to know how big something is without them. Really liking the king russes. They look much more intimidating then the standard ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rivets - I'll not count them if you won't. Promise.

    I like this model, reminds me of a 40K'esque WW2 Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are damn cool. Pretty big profile in terms of height, but not the worst and yeah those rivets? yer screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Greg Hess: Indeed! Even having them in hand, the scale was surprising once I'd laid them out next to the other tanks.

    @Dai: Totally! That's what drew me to it as well.

    @Zab: Indeed. I have a feeling that it'll take just as long to do the rivets as it will to do the rest of the details!

    Cheers guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. The new Technolog tanks look OK, but these are absolutely better.

    ReplyDelete