Sunday, June 26, 2016

Heresy Era Thousand Sons - Tartaros Terminator Praetor/Centurion Built

Yesterday the various GW stores across the nation were selling a promotional Forge World model and naturally I had to get my resin addiction fix! Was rather pleased to see that it appears to be the usual Forge World resin recipe and not the Finecast dreck, and was in multiple parts allowing for come conversion potential. I ended up nabbing two of them, so naturally one of them is going to get the Thousand Sons treatment!


Now the blister itself comes with rules to run the model as-is, introducing the Praetor Tribune. Slightly less expensive than his standard Praetor counterpart, he has no ranged weapon, and comes standard with a master-crafted Paragon blade, an Iron Halo, Digital Lasers and Tartaros armour. He may not take any further equipment upgrades however. Since I was going my own way and doing some weapon and head swaps, I figured I'd also give him a combi-bolter and just use him as a normal Praetor or Centurion.


Swapped out the Paragon Blade's, er, blade for one of the big Stygian axeheads from Kromlech, fitted a trimmed-down Achean helmet (leftover from the earlier assault squad), and with a little bit of swearing managed a somewhat convincing combi-bolter hanging from a strap. Fairly pleased with how it all came together - rather looking forward to getting some paint on him!

13 comments:

  1. I like it! Great pose and weapon/head swap. That combi bolter is a nice touch too

    ReplyDelete
  2. bad-ass. real sense of implacable movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice conversation work. That strap is 11 out of 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so envious, I wanted one but the timing just didn't work out. Glad we get to see you painting two up though.

    Can I suggest a twist of the head on this fella to make it more horizontal? I think it would add to the sense of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @NafNaf: Thanks very much!

    @Zab: Indeed, it was a rather cool sculpt to work with!

    @Zzzzzz: Cheers! Took almost as long to do the strap as it did to build the rest of the model. Heh.

    @Rory Priest: I agree, in retrospect that would have helped the flow of the model. Sadly the grill and the chest plate precluded that. Doh.

    Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it me, or are Terminators getting beefier?

    LOVE the added combi-bolter and other parts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding straps to guns is such a pain in the rump... But your's is smashing mate. 11/10 for sure as Zzzzzz mentions.

    Tartaros Termies were the best looking ones imo. Seem far more practacal from a design perspective to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great!
    I look forward to see him painted :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't sold on this model at all...then you post up your adjustments and now I want it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see the added storm bolter would be a huge challenge but really adds to him. Love the weapon swap to bring him in line with your Thousand Sons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! Looks impressive, great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jugger: Thanks man!

    @#2501: It certainly seems so - this model definitely seems a bit larger.

    @Dai: I appreciate it! I'm a bigger fan of Cataphractii m'self but the Tartaros runs a close second!

    @Klaus: Thanks - painting him up soon!

    @Greg Hess: Hah! I knew immediately I'd be customizing it, was quite happy to find how well it lends itself to it.

    @Joe B: Cheers, man!

    @Miniature Wargaming The Movie: Thanks!

    I appreciate the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete