Thursday, September 22, 2016

Inq28 - Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Silenia Phocris

Leading the Ordo Xenos contingent is Inquisitor Silenia Phocris. She's pulling double duty actually, as I've also introduced her as a potential ally/adversary in the Rogue Trader campaign I've been running as well! Quite often I take inspiration from the miniatures I have on hand to come up with interesting foils for the players, and Inquisitor Phocris is no exception. When she was originally introduced to the group it was a cliffhanger moment and they haven't had much of a chance to interact with her as yet. Originally I'd intended her to be a foil to the group, but as I've been working on the warband her demeanor has changed in my head - plans are afoot to have her actually be an ally to the group, as her Radical leaning means many of her aims are in alignment with the group's particular breed of Xenos collaboration. Granted, this currently involves the Rogue Trader dynasty helping a disgraced Ork Freebooter Kaptin build something he calls "Da 'Pockalypse Kannon", with the aim of firing on and destroying entire planets in a nearby system. Let's just say we're nearing the end of the campaign and the mayhem is getting dialed up to 11!


Picked this model up ages ago from Wargames Exclusive, and is based on some artwork from one of the earlier Inquisition codexes with the paired Conversion Beamers. On the tabletop it's just a single one, as carrying two while allowed by the list doesn't actually allow for two shots with them. In the rpg world however, oh yes she can!


Went with a relatively muted palette with her, just a few spots of color - had to work in the Imperial Purple on her trousers, and the greenish hue of the Conversion Beamer's power sources. The green should help tie her in with the stormtroopers, and I'm considering going back in and doing their fatigues in purple to match. Thoughts?

15 comments:

  1. She likes two thing. Killing Xenos and smoking Lho sticks, and brother, she is aaallll out of Lho sticks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice! I particularly enjoy the wild west style look, totally appropriate in my view for an inquisitor! Reminds me quite a bit of some of the old necromunda bounty hunters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the job you did on this one, man. You really hit it out of the park.

    I nearly ordered that Inquisitor when I did my last buy from WE, and clicked over to the flamer-toting one and 3 acolytes instead. Now I have to go back and do this one as well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bad.
    Arse.

    Double-fisting Conversion Beamers is insane. Love it.

    Her colour choices are just fine as is, as is the sculpt. Never seen this fig before, but I bloody love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cool. Like the pose with the two guns. The muted pallete works really well on her

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that model mate, the harness for the beamers is really cool and you've done an awesome job painting her. I reckon the fatigues on the troopers could go purple as well to match, I can see the storm troopers falling in to line behind an inquisitor with twin beamers whole heartedly.

    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks great. I really want to pick up some of the WE figures...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job on this figure - great choice of colours, & I like the highlighting on the gold. The slight Wild West feel to the sculpt is cool - only because it's W40K, it's dual conversion beamers instead of revolvers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that. Very wild west frontier

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Manus: Thanks very much!

    @Rob Hill: Haha!

    @Nick Thrower: Thanks man, it does have that Necromunda vibe to it!

    @#2501: Cheers bud! I have been well pleased with the WGE minis I've ordered!

    @Dai: I appreciate it!

    @NafNaf: Thank you!

    @Zzzzzz: Hah!

    @Red Scorps: Thanks! I'll be going back and giving them all a touch of the purple!

    @CJ Kilbride: I highly recommend 'em! Some of the stuff is a little too cheesecake for my tastes, but a lot of 'em are rather good!

    @Pawn Cocktail: Haha! THanks!

    @Riot Ville: Thanks man!

    I appreciate the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Matthew Davies: Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love I when I do a google image search and am like, “hey, I know that guy!”

    ReplyDelete