Monday, December 5, 2016

Heresy Era Imperial Fists - Tartaros Terminators almost done!

Another quick hit this evening, after work I had a quiet evening in and was able to put a couple more hours in on the terminators. Rather enjoying how they're coming along!


Pretty much textbook color theory here, with the blue and red contrasting well against the yellow armour plate. A little more cleanup and highlighting here and there, and they'll be ready for the first sealant stage prior to waterslides and weathering (though the incipient snowfall means it may be a week or more before that's possible).

Tried out a couple cooler, neutral colors on the bases which I'm reasonably happy with. Toying with the idea of adding the occasional bit of litter and leaves here and there to jazz them up a little and give them a sense of scale. So far, so good!

12 comments:

  1. These are everything a IF terninatot should be, can't wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those helmets are brilliant focal points. With the gold on the shoulder pads i feel like it's getting lost against the yellow. Did you think about making that part silver/steel instead?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yellow is stunning, really classy and the staining/weathering looks superb.

    My only gripe is that the red helmet with the white stripe denotes a terminator sergeant according to GW's iconography descriptions, but it's striking all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God damn it Mordy!!

    This is what I'm doing with my Tartaros Terminators! And they won't look as good as yours!

    Beautiful work as well, I'm always impressed by how your selection of base is so very complimentary to your lovely painting on the miniatures as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking well there chief. I do like me some Imperial Fists.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THAT is a bulwark against the encroaching dark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the red-with-stripe! It DOES contrast well with the yellow armour. So cool mate. Seeing these even had me ALMOST buy a squad of these cool Tartaros termies - but not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Col. Hertford: Thanks very much, man!

    @Frothing Muppet: Cheers man! I agree, and have gone in and painted in the yellow bits of the sergeant's shoulder pad in black so the gold pops a bit better!

    @Nick Thrower: Thanks! I may have gotten a little overzealous. Would you believe it's a ten man 'heroes' squad of ten sergeants? Hah!

    @30k plus 40k: I appreciate it! The recipes for the colors are super simple, let me know if you have any questions about it!

    @Rory Priest: Thanks bud! It's been a fun way to keep my toe in the Heresy while I wait for Inferno and my beloved Thousand Sons. Roll on, February!

    @Zab: Haha! Cheers man!

    @Dai: Even though I'm enjoying painting 'em, I still prefer the Cataphractii plate!

    @Zzzzzz: Thanks man!

    I appreciate all the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love em, the yellow looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice combintation, I suggest some purple to blend yellow and blue

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Jugger: Thanks man!

    @Francesc: Cheers!

    ReplyDelete