Friday, July 21, 2017

Heresy Era Thousand Sons - Sekhmet Terminators painting continues!

Just a quick hit this morning - Been fiercely hot of late, so it's mostly by early morning paint sessions that I've been able to do much work up in the hobby loft. That said, I have pressed onward with the Sekhmet!


Both squads are being done in parallel, and the recent work has been laying in the bone and leather colors, and while I was about it I laid down the basecoat for the bases. It's always interesting to me how doing so always helps bring the models to life and 'pop' a bit more.


Of course it's not one of my projects without the use of some good ol' blue power cables/weapons/etc.! The Tartaros models definitely have a lot more blue on 'em than the Cataphractii, which I rather like. In comparison their Cataphractii brethren are starting to look a little bit drab - will have to see what I can do to address that situation.

Got some free time this coming weekend, so hopefully I can get them polished off and move on to the last two units remaining for the force. A family photo is probably in order soon too!

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya man.. it's crazy hot here as well! They are looking good man, looking forward to seeing the family shot 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet they bump their heads a lot as they walk through their space craft. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, we always love a big family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Todd Sherman: Thanks very much! Coming right up!

    @John Stiening: Hah! No doubt! :)

    @Col. Hertford: I appreciate it!

    @Zzzzzz: Cheers man!

    ReplyDelete