Monday, September 25, 2017

Heresy Era Sons of Horus - Contemptor and Predators painting begins!

Got a surprising amount of brush time in over the weekend and managed to get some good forward motion on the Contemptor and Predators. Huzzah!


Really quite happy with the green tone, though as usual my edge lining needs a little cleanup. On the upside this go-around the main armor color doesn't include a wash step which means I can use the mid-tone green to go in and clean up any slop in later stages. The seafoam green uses the Vallejo USMC Tank Crew Green (70.319) as the basic midtone, with a 50% mix of tank crew and black as the undercoat and the Vallejo USMC Tank Crew Highlight (70.323) as the, well, highlight. Couldn't be simpler!


The plasmacutioners got the same treatment while I was about it, and then I started laying in the secondary spot colors, with a dark grey/storm grey/black wash on the black areas, the usual ice blue/guilliman blue wash on the blue areas, and then a white undercoat/hot orange/orange fire on the plasma coils which I really think sets off nice against the green!

Still a ways to go before they're ready for the initial sealant pass prior to waterslides and weathering, but I am really digging 'em so far!

7 comments:

  1. Blimey, blink and you miss something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mordian painting servitor at full speed I see! Lovely green work, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. **** you Joel! That is too damned fast and good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Love the contrasting weapons and cooler palette. This is going to be an AMAZING army!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief. I've begun painting again. Mrs Z says I have to work on what I already have, rather than buying more.

    I'll be up to your speed (and faster) in no time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Riot: Hah! I've really been reinvigorated by this project - was definitely getting tired of painting red!

    @Siph_Horridus: Indeed, feels good to be back in the saddle!

    @Vitor: Thanks very much!

    @Rory Priest: Haha! Cheers bud!

    @Mark: I appreciate it! It's been fun using a cooler palatte on this project so far!

    @Zzzzzz: Haha! Absolutely!

    Cheers everyone!

    ReplyDelete