Sunday, September 24, 2017

Heresy Era Sons of Horus - Contemptor Dreadnought built!

Just a quick hit today - A bit more build time yesterday saw the Sons of Horus Contemptor assembled and ready for primer!


I always enjoy the freedom of posing the FW Contemptor kit offers, and the legion-specific models are generally gorgeous. I've always had a particular fondness for the Sons of Horus version - it's just brutal looking! Carrying on with the plasma theme it's got a plasma cannon and a plasma blaster in the fist, so it should excel as a heavy infantry/light tank hunter!

At this point I had to stop myself from just carrying on and building up a mountainous pile of resin models. Before I assemble anything else I think I'm going to challenge myself to paint up what's been built so far - having a huge backlog of minis to paint can sometimes be demoralizing, and I find having something fun to build to reward myself for painting is a nice motivator!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely pose and great mini, so many great little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. magpies and sons of horus. Hersey, Heresy everywhere -_- Time to start on my white scars primaris to counter all this... this... HERESY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, cant wait to see it painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely model. The sons of Horus really do have some great minis in their range. Def looking forward to your colour scheme on these

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. You'd think twice about taking him on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Siph_Horridus: Indeed, FW knocked it out of the park with this sculpt!

    @Zab: Hah! I would love to see that, man!

    @Vitor: Thanks, man!

    @NafNaf: Cheers bud!

    @Zzzzzz: It is just a brutal sculpt - not full on over-the-top chaos like some of the Word Bearers heresy models, but you can feel the influence starting to show through!

    ReplyDelete