Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Heresy Era Questoris Knights - House Vyronii Knight Lancer Off The Factory Floor

After building the Lancer I couldn't help but get cracking painting it, and over the last week managed to get the beast up to the usual "off the factory floor" stage where it's ready for waterslides and weathering. However as the transfer sheet is still winging its way to my door this is as far as it can get for now!


The emerald and white of House Vyronii really pops, especially compared to all the really muted blacks and reds on the Dark Angels of late. Added some black and yellow hazard stripes on some of the power cables and a couple panels for some extra snazz and of course gotta work in the usual blue, right?


Really happy with how the pose turned out, one of the best things about the Cerastus knight is just how varied they can be assembled. I really wish GW would re-tool the plastic knight to allow for more/easier posing with their legs.


Another box ticked over to green on the painting chart and was jazzed to see that the force has almost tipped the 3000 points painted mark. Definitely well on the way to the finish line! Got a game in over the holiday weekend, and still sorting through the pics - Another post to follow once I get them all loaded up!


10 comments:

  1. Such a cool model. Will this be part of your NOVA force?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to bring it along, gotta figure out how to transport it without the lance snapping like a twig...

      Delete
  2. That's just over a week! Honestly I don't know where you find the time. This would be around a month for me! 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I was honestly surprised at how quickly it painted up!

      Delete
  3. This army's going to be AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the wait for bitz........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks brilliant mate! You painted it up in record time too. My Castigator took me a month and I was pretty pleased with that (photos here: http://berserkerbladeblog.blogspot.com/2018/03/monster-march-cerastus-knight_28.html )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I really dig the Castigator, it's a beast - I'll definitely add you to the ol' blog roll, and look forward to going through your blog history! Good stuff!

      Delete