Friday, August 17, 2018

Necromunda - Yolanda Skorn painted, Gang Planks and NOVA Charity Raffles!

Another quick hit today - The one-off mini painting has been quite fun, and after the brief sidetrack on the buildings I shoved another of the hired guns in front of the Painting Servitor and fired it up.


Today's scum is the bounty hunter Yolanda Skorn, who was savagely wounded in the face and now wears a veil to hide her disfigurement. Though her prey is occasionally granted a glimpse of her rictus grin before their termination!


Really dig this model, and think the FW sculptors struck a good balance of femininity without being hypersexualized. Really enjoyed painting her and stuck pretty close to the 'canon' paint scheme. Kept up with the leopard print to help tie her together with the other Eschers I've done.


In other news I recently saw Promethium Forge's new "Gang Plank" organizers and had to order up a couple. Once they arrive I'll do up a little review, but if you're interested in Necromunda it seems like a handy little organizer for gaming!


In other, other news the deadline is approaching on the NOVA Open Charitable Foundation raffles, where among other fantastic armies and single models, you can also enter to win a spectacular Warlord Titan, by the inestimable John Steining. And we're not talking about one of the new Adeptus Titanicus models, we're talking a full on resin monster from FW! Check out the raffles here!

12 comments:

  1. Cool great job mate, I agree with you, I dislike the hyper sexualised models Wargames Exclusive puts out but GW have done a decent enough job with Clan Escher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a shame as WE do some lovely work but then the OTT stuff puts me off.

      Delete
    2. Indeed - I like their stuff in general, but everything that's "Tits out" just makes me cringe.

      Delete
  2. She's one I definitely want to pick up. Waiting until they open up FW supply in the US, tho.

    I like that Gangplank. Looking forward to your review to see if it lives up to expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - As soon as I have it in hand I'll do a write-up!

      Delete
  3. Nice job. That models on my to-get list, although my backlog... welll......

    I like how the Promethium Forge organizer also doubles as terrain. Looks like it'd be cool after being painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the Gang Plank!

      Delete
  4. Good work Mordian. How does it feel to be working on one mini at a time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! It's weird, I actually had to take a break and do 12 minis at once. Hah!

      Delete
  5. Oh, 'Gang Plank', that makes sense.

    Keep an eye on the raffle, M7, just in case I win !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a terrible pun, and 100% makes me want to do up a pirate-themed gang. Hah! Will do, there's some awesome raffles up this year!

      Delete
  6. She looks like a great addition to the Eschers were you to stick her in for shits n giggles. And her backstory is pretty cool too.

    Gangplank doesn't sound like it's wishing much luck on one's team?

    ReplyDelete