Thursday, November 15, 2018

Necromunda - House Cawdor gang painted!

More Necromunda today with the Brotherhood of the Benificent Creator, a House Cawdor gang! I really dig how GW has been tweaking the background and aesthetic of the various gangs, and House Cawdor is no exception. They really changed up the rag-tag look of the models, but still maintained some design cues with the old metals which I appreciate. They're definitely more emaciated and ragged overall and while my initial gut impression was less favorable, once I had them in-hand I have to say I did a 180 and absolutely adore them!


In a callback to my old metal gang from back in the day, the new version got a blue-and-yellow paint scheme which always pops nicely. I tried to ensure that each of the repeat poses got a mirror image color scheme (one got yellow pants and blue shirt and the other got blue pants and yellow shirt, for example).


The gang leader and champion are both just dripping with character, I love all the candles and scavenged equipment!


The idea that the members of House Cawdor saw soem art of the Adeptus Custodes and atempted to build guardian spears to emulate the guardians of the Emperor is really a nice touch, and I had to add four guys swinging around these unwieldy monstrosities!


On the other end of the scale I like having a few gunfighters in my gangs so several guys got a pair of pistols, a pistol and axe combo, and one brother with a scavenged autogun and a molotov cocktail, because you can't go wrong setting the unbelievers on fire, now can you?


Rooting around in the Closet of Doom I uncovered a pair of old metal Juves (still bummed that GW hasn't done any bespoke Juve models in the new sets), and was pleased to see they fit right in to the new aesthetic. Hoping the get them running through the underhive this coming weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Great scheme, they look like Empire Militia from WFB, and good find on the rooting around the closet of doom, old school Juves, marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - They have a definite techno-medieval vibe going on! Cheers!

      Delete
  2. They look great, and I just love the crossbow-PRG model!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Totally, it's so over the top it's glorious! :)

      Delete
  3. Nice work on these, and I love how the old Juves seem to fit in... actually they probably fit better than the gangers both due to scale and the fact that they have partial masks. Bit of green stuff for a nose beak and they would be even closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Good idea, I hadn't thought of that with the GS nose-piece upgrade!

      Delete
  4. They look so good! I wasn’t sure how the new sculpts would look when painted bright and vibrant rather than drab and dirty, but yours really look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Aye, they definitely lend themselves to the drab and dirty scheme. I might go back in and add more mud and gunk to them in the future...

      Delete
  5. Geart stuff.

    I see some real potential there for a Cowdor / hybrid kit bash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! The Cawdor models do have occasional armour plates that match up with the miner armour on the genestealer cult models. They'd mash together nicely!

      Delete
  6. Man, you did these up a treat! Those Juves look like they are from the same plastic set too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bud! Aye, was well pleased with how well the old juves fit in!

      Delete