Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Necromunda - Council of Crows complete!

Praise be unto the changer of the ways, the Council of Crows are ready for the upcoming Sump City Showdown campaign!


First off, gotta have the family photo! I ended up picking up a second box of the Corvus Cabal to make a few more gangers - While the predominantly pistol-and-axe guys looked great, a gang just needs a few members toting las- and autoguns! Also a couple special characters were added...


Leading the flock is Lord Macrorynchos, armed with his trusty flamer. I'm sure that at no time will he accidentally catch his wings on fire and plummet to his death...


Next in the hierarchy of the cult are two champions and a witch. Cadfan the Hidden Claw infiltrates onto the battlefield, carrying his trusty heavy stubber with him. Engelram is a pyromaniac like his lord, bearing a hand flamer and toting the cult icon. The cult's witch is known as The Korbinian and even among the deranged cultists he's seen as a bit of an odd duck. Well, raven.


The bulk of the cult is comprised of Helot Cultists, with Fichra, Velasco, Beltran, Korbl, and Merla acting as the firing line armed with a selection of rifles.


Hraban, Ravenna, Bertok, Hrokr, and Hrafn are all armed with various close combat weapons and refer to themselves the cult's Claws.


Magnon the Large provides some much-needed muscle to the cult, and also has possibly the worst pun name of any of my gangs to date. With all of the others being some raven or blackbird derivative name, I needed a real groaner. You see he's a Crow, Magnon.

...I'll see myself out.

16 comments:

  1. . . . . and never apologise for a bad pun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good paintjob as always ^^

    Serviteur,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I would just go with 'Crow Magnon' as his name myself. Overall, they're phenomenal as always good sir!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic usage of Warcry minis - I'd never have thought to make them a Necro gang.

    Magnon.... Puns hurt my head. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! The Corvus Cabal is a phenomenal kit, I knew I had to do something with 'em, and was super happy with how well the Escher bits worked!

      Delete
  5. Damn, those all came out super cool! I think my fave is the one with the autogun and the birb friend. The Korbinian looks wonderfully deranged and tormented, and Crow Magnon is one of your best puns yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks man! I really like how The Korbinian turned out as well!

      Delete
  6. They look very evocative and you've finished them incredibly quickly......great work chap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bud! The Corvus Cabal is such a cool kit to work with!

      Delete
  7. These look awesome. What weapons parts did you use? I've always wanted some of these for chaos cultists, but am worried I won't find parts that will marry up to their arms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bit late to the party but I love the way you've combined the weapons I've been looking at converting my Cabal to Inquisition Acolytes and your figures have given me inspiration And the paint job is brill too!!

    ReplyDelete