Friday, August 23, 2019

Necromunda - The Council of Crows, Tzeentch Chaos Cult built!

I'm still going through the literal hundreds of pictures from the last couple Down and Out in Dust Falls sessions, hope to get them uploaded this weekend. That said, I've also been beavering away on a new gang for the upcoming Sump City Showdown campaign - A chaos cult, the Council of Crows!


As soon as I saw the Corvus Cabal for Warcry, I knew that I had to have 'em and turn them into a Necromunda gang - There was no choice, really! I'd pulled out a mess of Escher bits which seemed to be ideal as they also have a bit of a feathers and birds motif going on. Turns out they worked well together!

 

Started off by turning the winged guy into a Demagogue with a flamer. In game I'm going to be angling for a grapnel launcher and a drop rig to allow him to 'fly', and added in a couple champions with a double handed axe/hand flamer and a heavy stubber, respectively.

 

A trio of cultists with laspistols and axes, keeps them cheap and cheerful - Close combat is a little rough in Necromunda, so it's worthwhile to have a bunch of guys kitted out that way so hopefully at least one or two of 'em will make it into contact.

 

A couple guys with autopistols and one with a shotgun round out the initial nine members of the crew (as befitting a Tzeentch-themed cult). Overall these are mostly just simple weapon swaps as far as conversions go, though now that I understand how the Corvus Cabal models go together, I'm planning on doing some further conversions to create some guys with lasguns, autoguns and the like. Should be fun!

Really looking forward to getting some paint on these guys!


23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks man! I was really jazzed with how well the Escher bits worked with 'em!

      Delete
  2. Great work! I particularly like the champion (?) with the hand flamer, and the crouching one with the shotgun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The shotgun guy is oddly probably my favorite of the whole group, for being the least bombastic.

      Delete
  3. Those work together amazingly well! I think my fave is the Heavy Stubber Champ, but the one with a Shotgun is pretty awesome, too. The Demagogue looks great, but that many feathers plus a Flamer seems like a potentially disastrous combo ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! For sure - I envision that he's going to be on fire most games. :D

      Delete
  4. The Warcry models make great Chaos Cultists for 'Munda. I have a box of Unmade sitting on my coffee table just screaming at me to be turned into a Slaanesh gang.
    I love what you've done with the Corvus Cabal, the conversions work really well and I'm looking forward too seeing them painted up.
    Lovely stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niiiiice - That is an excellent idea with the Unmade, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to seeing them all finished up man! .. And there is still time to book some tickets to fly out and hang this weekend! 8)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! I wish bud, already got my tickets for the wedding lined up. Have a great time out there!

      Delete
  6. These realy do work well, I've been reluctant to convert the warcry minis as they are just so good but these are just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - I picked up a box of the Cypher Lords that I think I'll just be building and painting as-is for that exact reason.

      Delete
  7. Dark. I'm thinking they need to be dark...

    Jus' sayin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Working up a deep blue/black for the feathers and going with subdued greys for the cloth. Pics to follow soon!

      Delete
  8. Great use of parts, it is one of your real strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you don't mind if I shamelessly nick this fabulous idea from you?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are great i am wanting to do something similar with a skeksis kind of vibe

    ReplyDelete