Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Necromunda - From the depths of the Underhive...

Between a mix of Real Life(tm), login issues with my webhosting company and general ineptitude I've once again let the blog lay fallow for far too long. That's not to say there hasn't been a ton of hobby progress, but I've not had much luck uploading pics to my web galleries of late. Luckily, that's now been resolved and a flood of new images are ready to be posted! Brace yourself for bandwidth!

 

First up, as a follow on from the last post (back in June? Really? Yeesh.) are the completed pics of the Goliath truck and some reinforcements for the muscle-bound galoots.


Really digging the FW weapon upgrade kits, most of the Newcromunda models don't lend themselves well to easy kitbashing as most of the arms have bespoke connection points meaning unless you're a fair hand with a sculpting tool you are gonna have a rough time. The FW kits go a long way to providing all the alternate options not available on the plastic sprues!

 

Along with the Goliath truck, I figured the insectile walkers would be ideal for the Van Saar gang and as such they got the same hazard yellow scheme as the associated gangers. Hard to go wrong with Caterpillar/JCB yellow on working vehicles!

 

These walkers were designed to carry the loot piles made a while back, and I'm really happy with how the green/blue/red of the cargo adds to the overall look of the vehilces!

 

If one is good, two is better, right? The intent is to do two or three vehicles for each gang to allow for some vehicle based scenarios in the upcoming campaign.

Speaking of, the Down and Out in Dust Falls campaign wrapped up this past weekend, and I realize I haven't uploaded the pics from the previous session either. Got a ton of game pics inbound for the next post!


17 comments:

  1. Loving those vehicles...very cool additions to the Underhive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! Quite a few more in the hopper, pics to follow!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was rather fun to de-ork-ify one of their vehicles!

      Delete
  3. Excellent stuff! Well worth the wait.

    That truck works perfectly with the Goliath aesthetic. Interestingly, looking at it now, I think that by keeping different elements of the Trukk kit, focusing more on the ramshackle elements than the spiky ones, it could also work really well for a Cawdor Vehicle.

    What are the legs from on the Formicidae? I think I recognize all the other major bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it! Aye, I'm scheming on using one of the other speed freek trucks to do a Cawdor vehicle. I may also need to make a Pulpitek to accompany the Redemptionists!

      The ant legs are from a russian plastic toy range called Robogear, these particular ones are from the Spider kit. You can usually get 'em on ebay for a fiver!

      Delete
    2. Now you mention it, I think I have seen those on eBay. Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  4. The truck looks great (Still thinking Mad Max), but wow, those walkers! Good stuff mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those walkers are mind blowing. I don't even know how you made them apart from the sentinel bits. The tarpaulin is just the icing on a gorgeous/freaky cake. Did you make the legs or buy them? You must tell me your secrets! (or have you already blogged about it and I missed it?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! The walkers are made from sentinel bits and some legs from a "Robogear Spider", a Russian toy that I picked up off ebay for a fiver. They make a couple different kits full of interesting conversion bits!

      Delete
    2. Thats the best kind of heresy! Thanks Mordian.

      Delete
  6. Salutations ^^

    I didn't know your blog before and I came for inspiration about Necromunda...

    Whoa !! O_o' I really like you job indeed !! ^^

    Your blog is absolutely fantastic... So I decided to register and put it on my personnal blogroll :

    https://letempledemorikun.blogspot.com/

    Please, feel free to visit my Temple, you'll be welcomed ^^

    Serviteur,

    Morikun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I dig your blog as well, will add it to my blogroll!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much, I'm very honored ^^

      Serviteur,

      Morikun

      Delete