Monday, February 15, 2010

Knight Paladin 'Vultus Mors' - Part 1

The fellow that made the newer of the two Knight Titans I'd purchased is organizing a painting contest over on the Adeptus Mechanicus forums, and I figured that was an excellent reason to get cracking on the one I'd picked up. I spent some time yesterday laying down the base colors, and snapped a few in-process shots:

 

I decided to mimic the scheme that I'd used on the first one though I'm going to add some sort of heraldry to the green sections on the shoulder and shin, and will be doing a bit more scrollwork and such. Obviously I'm just focusing on painting the knight itself so far, but the base should be pretty fun as well, I tried to add a lot of fun little details that you really can't see in the primered state.

 

I still need to add all of the burnished gold trim and add hazard striping to the chainsword. I'm going to go in and add a bit of brass/gold to the various pistons on the arms and legs as well. The all-steel look strikes me as a bit bland now that I'm looking at the pics.

 

There's still a bit more to be done highlighting the red panels as well - they still look a little flat. I struggle with red over large surfaces, so this has been a bit of a challenging model for me. On the other hand, I think this model has a lot more character than the first one I'd painted, and overall it's been a lot of fun to work on!

4 comments:

  1. It's so good to see these lanky fellas striding about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is one beauty of a model...
    I really am a fan of your Ad-Mech, too. It's inspired me to get a few of my own done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks - I've definitely had a blast working on this one! I think it really calls back to the old Epic scale knights quite well. As I can never leave well enough alone, I have a Knight Errant version (with Multi-Melta and Power Fist) en route, as well as a pair of Knight Pilot models...

    ReplyDelete