Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Heresy Era Thousand Sons - Spireguard Shadowsword build continues

The last week and a half has been pretty rough, so not a whole lot of hobby time or mojo unfortunately. I did get a package in the mail yesterday which included the alternate sponsons from Blood and Skulls Industry, and after a soak and scrub overnight I snuck in a half hour after work to get them assembled and fitted:


Still need to figure out what to do for the targeters to sit on the sponson tops though - eying some various bits on ebay, but nothing has jumped out at me yet. Suggestions welcome!

With the passing of my usual 40k opponent and sorting through all of his hobby stuff, I've been reassessing how much hobby stuff of my own I don't REALLY need. With my general focus on Heresy-era gaming, I've decided to part ways with the most recent rendition of the Mordian 7th regiment, along with a number of other historical treasures dredged up from the depths of the Closet of Doom. Expect to see a bunch of hopefully interesting stuff going up on eBay over the next few months as I try to thin out the shelves somewhat. It was a bit of a struggle to put the 7th up on the block, but they haven't fired a shot in anger in over 3 years, and I can't justify building a new version until the old one's gone, right? Haha!

6 comments:

  1. Those Blood and Skulls alternate parts really do look good on the GW kits - they add such character to is already a fantastic model.

    Its a shame you're flogging off the old army but then as you say, if you can reinvest in a new update, then I say Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya. i ditched all my armies too. Of course that just made room for awesome minis i want to paint so nuts to saving anything, really. If i were xzibit i would be all "Yo dawg, I heard you liked guns so we put some guns on top of your guns" o_O

    Look to terrain sets for 40k as they have some nice bits in them, the bastions and such for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo super heavy! :) This will look good I'm certain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having just been through the process of stripping models...I think it is sometimes better to sell off older armies, and redo them from scratch, then try and salvage old techniques and styles.

    Just from a prepping standpoint, working on older models can be a tiresome affair. (if you didn't scrape mouldlines, glue things properly, etc).

    If you didn't tell me those sponsoons were third party, I wouldn't know otherwise. They match perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big tank looks like it'll fit in well with the others. Those sponsons (Like Hess) looked like they were a regular part of the model to me. Very nice.

    Another Mord7th Ebay fest... So sad. :( Saying that, I'm about to finally put up my painted Nurgle marines there too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Frothing Muppet: Indeed - I love McBride's work, always love using his upgrade kits!

    @Zab: Haha! I'm in the same boat - selling off the stuff just means I come up with room and funds for more stuff!

    @Sir Tainly: Gotta love building big-ass tanks! :)

    @Greg Hess: Indeed! I'm strippng a mess of Necromunda figs at the moment and it's just a pain in the butt. So much scrubbing!

    @Dai: Definitely looking forward to getting some paint on it!

    Cheers folks!

    ReplyDelete