Monday, October 26, 2015

Inq28 - Qui Medicus?

Quick hit today, as I'm waiting for the next bits to arrive for the Geno-Five Two.

The Inq28 side project I've been fooling around with are mostly minis I'd intended for use in RPG sessions, and I'm pleased to say there's plans afoot for me to run another Rogue Trader campaign where those minis will come in handy! That's got me looking back over the notes and remembered I'd intended to include an antagonist/comedy relief character in the form of Ordo Chronos Inquisitor Iohannes Claudius Camillus Fransiscus Van Varenberg. The Ordo Chronos concerns itself with instances of Temporal Heresy, an issue with which the players will be finding themselves in a couple different ways throughout the course of the campaign, and Inquisitor Van Varenburg will be a recurring antagonist (not a villain per se, but he's not a good man to cross).


Among all of the fragmented and contradictory records of the Ordo Chronos, Inquisitor Van Varenberg is noted to generally arrive via his Teleporting Armoured Redaction Delivery and Investigation Shell... Hah!

18 comments:

  1. WTF?! Dr Who 40k? That is awesome! It's like that colorful RT era space marine chapter the =][= Redacted By Inquisition Authority =][= Warriors or those little dwarf like creatures, the =][= Redacted By Inquisition Authority =][= Ya know? So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Great stuff! Does his sonic screwdriver have a four foot chain blade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just straight brilliant, awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Well played that man.

    Looking forward to hearing more about the campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw 40K-Dr Who, I read 40K-Dr Who. Colour me a happy fellow.

    Genius sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely bloody superb! Have a jelly baby for your efforts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely he would mostly spend his time running away ?

    And I'll bet he's being hunted by dustbin based necron variants from the 'time wars'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you green stuff a long scarf on the fella!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks very much everyone! It was a very silly little project - sometimes you just gotta get this sort of thing out of your head and onto the table. I look forward to tucking it in to various battle shots in the future as a sneaky bit of terrain!

    Cheers, all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know we are all waiting for the Doc- I mean Inquisitor himself, and I'm voting for a bow tie and fez. Clever little project

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Joe B: Hah! I'm leaning towards using Heresy Miniatures take on the War Doctor, though in my head the Inquisitor was originally going to be much more JCVD from Timecop.

    "Is the TARDIS bigger on the inside?"

    "Of course not, that would be ridiculous. ...The teleport field does make an strange noise, though..."

    @Monkeychucka: Cheers, man!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is my new favorite model, ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Magnificent!

    The disappearance of the Ordo Chronos makes so much more sense now.... and this is so old-school 1st ed style borrowing from other scifi sources (i recall an Inquisitor named Kenobi for example..)

    Well done!

    I say give him a cyber-mastif!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So how much would it cost to have you build one for me?

    ReplyDelete