Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Terrain - Combat Cars complete!

Alliteration! The painting servitor had a fairly productive session yesterday and managed to get the five combat cars to the 'off the factory floor' state, which for now I'm calling done!


By far the most ostentatious of the cars, this one deserved to be done up in imperial purple. Or is that Emperor's Children purple?


The most militaristic of them got a grimy green scheme. This one is the least inspired of the sculpts in my opinion but I do appreciate how different in aesthetic it is to the others. Variety is good!


I'm unclear on how the driver actually sees where he's going in this one, guess that's why they make autosensors! The red turned a little chalky on me with this one, not sure what happened there...


Really happy with how the gold sets off against the blue on this one, though my choice to do blue windows as well meant they sort of fade together.


By far my favorite of the cars, it's got a great mix of Mad Max and Batman about it, so obviously needed to be done up in basic bad-ass black!

All in all a fun little project and it feels good to get them off the unpainted shelf after well over a year. Feeling recharged and ready to press on - Next up on deck is Gor Halfhorn, underhive bounty hunter!

12 comments:

  1. These look very cool indeed, remind me of Predator 2 for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful contrast in them all. A touch too nice looking for terrian though, have to shoot them up a bit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! Aye, I'm still considering what I want to do to them on that front. They may be the basis of a weathering powder experiment soon, something I've never tried before!

      Delete
  3. They look great!

    I had no idea Tim Burton was into miniature design ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! With Danny Elfman thumping from the stereo!

      Delete
  4. It's like the Wacky Races, surely there must be some ruleset for a racing game for these? I wonder if the flyer game rules GW brought out are applicable? Or if the old Dark Future rules would work, but you'd need to do road sections as well and need a LOT of space to lay the track down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - I'd dabbled with some homebrew rules based off of Gorkamorka but it never really got off the ground locally. I was working with a 'rolling road' style game which takes up a little less room, you just move the road sections, laying down new ones and pulling up the old ones off the end as the cars careen down the highway...

      Delete
  5. Genestealer Cults riding around in these would be sweet. Good work mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! They do a limo that's just perfect for the cult!

      Delete