Sunday, August 30, 2009

TOEMP #3 - The Mordian 7th Regimental Command, part 2

Not a whole lot of hobby time this weekend I'm sorry to say, though I did manage to finish the eyes and skin, and lay down the undercoats for the main color scheme for the various models in the Regimental Command squad. Some of the faces turned out rather amusing (and I hope to get good close-up shots of the individuals as I finish them off), I slipped a bit while painting the Master of the Ordnance, and he ended up being severely cross-eyed. It being the guy who calls down the always-inaccurate artillery however, I decided to keep him that way. Similarly, the bodyguard not currently in the "getting shot" position ended up with a wild eyed, shell-shocked look.



As the regimental command squad is composed primarily of veteran guardsmen, I'm going with the reverse color scheme (grey fatigues, red armor) as I did for the Hardened Veterans. A couple notable exceptions - the medic wears white fatigues, and the astropath wears the standard green of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica. The Officer of the fleet is in the standard blue tunic and white trousers and shirt, and the commissar is in basic black.

I'm hoping to get this squad polished off over the next few days, which will hopefully then give me time to finish off the Valkyrie I have half painted so far:



All of the Imperial Navy craft in the army will be painted in the brown/grey livery similar to the Thunderbolt I've painted in the past, I think that will give the aerial corps a sense of continuity.



I did paint the interior of the Valkyrie before I assembled and painted it, though the Vendetta I have planned will likely be sealed shut - I really did not enjoy builting the Valkyrie and I have to say I'm not looking forward to building another one. At least I figured out all the WRONG ways to put the kit together when I built this one, so perhaps the second go-round won't be quite so frustrating...

1 comment:

  1. I'm liking that valkyrie, I haven't touched mine yet. Can't wait to see the pics of your command squad.

    ReplyDelete