Monday, June 4, 2012

Heresy Era World Eaters - 1st Terminator squad painted

Got some hobby time in over the weekend, and polished off the first of what will end up being several squads of Heresy-era World Eaters Terminators. This unit is the 1st company, 1st terminator squad which I envision as being composed of veterans from when they were still the War Hounds, hence the overall restraint in the blood and skulls factor. For the most part, my veterans could be considered Pre-Heresy in that respect (of course the stonking great chain-axes they favored even then had to have aroused a bit of suspicion...). The second terminator squad will be Angron's primarch honor guard, 'The Devourers', and will be quite a bit less restrained in their favor of Khorne - the Visions of Heresy artwork shows them in the much more familiar "blood, bone and brass" paint scheme, which I think will contrast nicely with these guys!


Overall I'm well pleased with the torso and shoulder kit, and the combi-weapons worked out nicely, though in future builds I'm planning on beefing up the magazine, which I think would help the overall look. The Devourers will utilize a similar torso and shoulder kit with some minor variations that I quite like (includes a gorget in front of the helmet) and I feel are the closest to the art of the set. Unfortunately out of the five variant torso/shoulder kits, there are two styles that don't fit the aesthetic I'm going for, so they'll be squirreled away in the Closet of Doom for use with the Emperor's Children and Death Guard I plan to (eventually) work on. Never too soon to gather bits for a future project!

These models are my most recent entry to the weekly painting challenge over at Dark Future Games - head on over and check out all the other great models people are doing!

8 comments:

  1. Good looking squad. And your right, never to early to gather bits for another project...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb, those guys look great man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks! They were a lot of fun to build and paint, I'm looking forward to working on the next unit of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work M, very coherent feel. Basing works well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh now they are superb. Great bases, really set off the figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate the kind words!

    I wanted to do something different from the expected "blood and skulls aplenty" bases, and settled on these primarily because I had a metric boatload of them left over from an earlier project, but also as I hoped the cool colors of the bases would help set of the relatively hot whites and reds of the models themselves. So far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, and suitably different from the regular terminators for the pre-heresy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking great! Just what I imagine the pre heresy terminators to look like. Can't wait to see more of this army!

    ReplyDelete