Monday, September 9, 2013

Adeptus Mechanicus - Thallax Cohort painted

Before diving into a bout of mercenary painting, I wanted to do something for the Ad-Mech as it was the popular choice on the poll - the Thallax Cohort fit the bill nicely!


While I absolutely love the brass scheme that Dave Taylor did, I wanted to tie them in with the rest of my Ad-Mech army which meant they got a predominantly red treatment. I did add in a touch of the brass on the lightning guns, the various pistons and the jump jet nozzles, and with a bit of blue as a spot color here and there, they were good to go!


On the right shoulder I added in some roman numerals, while the left shoulder got a cog-tooth motif - which is pretty much requisite for the Ad-mech! I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming FW Heresy books as they expand the army list options, expect to see more of the cog-boys in the future!

9 comments:

  1. These look like they'd be fun to paint. What are you running them as?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool looking unit! I like the cogs on the shoulder pads too - well done mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does cog-boys somehow sounds wrong.
    Though namewise questionable, the painting is ace :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work mate - the helmets really do draw he eye with that gloss finish - awesome stuff.

    I love the reds, but I'm not sold on the blue - mainly the bit on the cabling from the gun to the backpack - I think its because its off to the side rather than on the figures centreline.

    But the gloss heads - they really make the mini!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say I really like the blue spot colour and I also really like the little hints of yellow here and there too :)They really break up the red without having to go down the brass route. Excellent work in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  6. @TheAmbit: Indeed they were! They'll be using the rules found in the FW Betrayal book for the most part, or possibly the Tempus Fugitives fandex as Praetorians.

    @Dai: Thanks very much!

    @17yearoldhobbyist: I appreciate it!

    @Stephen: Thanks mate!

    @Manus: Hah! Cog-boys is a semi-derogatory term for 'em that my buddy Dave throws around a lot. :)

    @Frothing Muppet: Thanks! The gloss coat really does make 'em pop!

    @Musings of a Smurf: Cheers, man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! Love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete