Monday, June 2, 2014

Heresy Era Thousand Sons - Javelin squadron Qaa begins

Got some hobby time in over the weekend and got a start on the trio of Javelin land speeders planned for the army. I'd picked up these initially early on in the Iron Hands frenzy but decided they didn't fit the aesthetic I was going for. I'd built one to completion and primed it just to give the kit a try (had never built one before) but it turned out to be such an easy kit that I went back and finished the other two while the primer was drying on the first!


First thing of course is to lay down the base reds and metals. One exceedingly messy couple hours later, they're all up to snuff. I took a recommendation to keep the crew separate for painting, and they may even fit when it comes time for final assembly. We'll see!


Rummaging around for some bases to stick them to, I ran into a couple cavalry bases. I haven't played fantasy since ~1993, which means these bases have been lurking in the Closet of Doom for over twenty years. ...Yikes!

9 comments:

  1. Much like the Jetbikes, I really didn't like the javelin Land Speeders when I first saw them. But they have grown on me a lot! I really can't wait to add some to my Emperor's Children list.

    Yours are coming along great. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord 6 lascannons and 3 heavy bolters?! What are you going to war or something? Stop painting cool power armour from FW my cupboard of doom is filling up too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a whole lot of resin you've painted recently! Love it. Not sure if I'm a convert to these tho, I love the jetbikes tho, they look hardcore - but these meh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Craig Bowles: Thanks man! Looking forward to seeing more of your EC!

    @Matthew Beavis: I appreciate it!

    @Zab: Hah! You can never have enough lascannons!

    @Siph_Horridus: Thanks! I'm sort of the opposite, not totally sold on the jetbikes but love the javelins. Though I'm coming around on the jetbikes!

    Cheers, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good gawds.... Just how much more do you have to go for these buggers?

    I like the design of these speeders though. Doing regular jetbikes too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dai: I'm starting to run out of models in hand for the army, actually. I was banking on the Prospero book being the next one released which sadly has been pushed back. On the up side, the next book is slated to have the rules for the Imperial Army, so that means there Spireguard will be getting some time in the sun sooner than expected!

    Would like to add a unit of jetbikes, definitely thinking they'd match up nicely with the aesthetic of the Javelins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should do a photo tour of the closet of doom sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Zzzzzz: I'll see what I can do - will have to dig out the hard hat, climbing rope and crampons for a full exporation. :)

    ReplyDelete