Tuesday, May 24, 2016

NOCF Charity Ork Army - The penultimate session!

Real Life(tm) continues to be heinous to my schedule of late, so while the following pics were taken back on Saturday I'm only just now able to get them posted up on the ol' blog. That said, Da Boyz are 99% complete!


I say 99% as it's inevitable that during the sealant step that I identify some step of the process that I've completely overlooked until then. In this case, I missed out on painting the tongues on all of the Orks with open mouths. Doh!


That final cleanup notwithstanding the units are complete and I am really happy with 'em. It was an absolute blast to paint some Orks again after so long and was really refreshing to use the strong greens and yellows - colors rather underutilized in my other recent projects! I'm planning on getting them touched up and boxed up to send over to the rally point for the army later this week, and then it's time to dive back into the Heresy - got a Box o' Resin Joy heading my way from Forge World with some new Thousand Sons goodies to add to the force, can't wait!

7 comments:

  1. Gah real life is killing my hobby time this past few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn those look good :) I just finished up the ironstrider! Must find time for pics...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope real life relaxes a little for you chief.

    Well done getting them all done to a nice start on time, quite the project with so much batch painting.

    Are the models wet from a wash in the photos or is it just the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking really awesome. Great painting something "else" once in while eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here I was thinking that I was doing good to have ONE 30k marine done for this week...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope real life sorts itself out mate.

    Those boys look great. Whoever ends up with them is going to be one lucky sod.

    1k Sons need some Deathguard to fight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @CJ Kilbride: I hear ya, man!

    @Zab: Sweet - can't wait to see it!

    @Rory Priest: You and me both, man. The shine is mostly the camera, it seems to pick up more than exists to the naked eye - they really are fairly matte.

    @Manus: Indeed! Was definitely a nice break in the unrelenting Heresy!

    @Da Masta Cheef: Cheers man!

    @Jakub Furlanetto: Thanks!

    @Dai: I appreciate it!

    Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete