Monday, May 28, 2012

Heresy Era World Eaters - Bale, Berzerker Dreadnought built

As the packages trickle in from various sources, I'm finally able to build more and more of the army. Recently, the PuppetsWar arms I'd ordered arrived, and I set to building!


First up was the model for Bale, a character Dreadnought from the Tempus Fugitives list - Armed with a pair of DCCWs and heavy flamers, he also had Fleet, Rage and Furious Charge to make him just that extra bit more terrifying. I was quite pleased with the PuppetsWar arms, as they have the scalloped shoulder pads which help tie him in with the Terminators for the Heresy-era look, and were very posable, to give the model a really dynamic look.


From the description in the TF Age of the Emperor expansion: "A veteran of the Unification Wars and Commander of the XII Legion before the coming of Angron, Bale was mortally wounded in the World Eaters forlorn hope on Ariggata. Angron commanded his loyal First Captain be installed in a Dreadnought so he could continue to fight at his Primarch’s side. The near death state combined with the psycho-surgery he had received at Angron’s hand resulted in an insatiable bloodlust in Bale. This burning hunger sees him collecting skulls and having the Legion artificers attach them to his sarcophagus in tribute. Who this tribute is for, Bale will not say, but it is presumably to his Primarch – for who else would appreciate such a display?"


While I was about it I also built the rest of the first squad of Terminators to match the test model and got started with the painting process. At this point I very firmly packed up all the bits for the World Eaters into a box and stored it in the Closet of Doom. I have a tendency to build an entire army and then become disheartened by the mass of unpainted models. For this go-around I'm trying to adhere closer to the "build a unit, paint a unit" method. Between these two units, the Berzerkers and the Storm Eagle I have more than enough to paint for the near term!

10 comments:

  1. Those arms are fantastic, the post you've achieved with them looks awesome. Thanks so much for showing this, I think I'll be looking at those arms right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pose you achieved on the Dread! Most people are too scared to try something like that, but you really managed to pull it off!

    Also, I commend your strength of will! I can never seem to pack the bits away in order to force myself to paint -- maybe that's the reason my World Eaters are far from finished, though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very dynamic! Really captured the moment there, looks cinematic as well. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those arms look fantastic on a FW dread!
    Really liking how this army is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never felt it looking at the PuppetsWar site, but these guys should hire you to do thier assembly photos :-) Nailed it with the pose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks folks! I was definitely well pleased with the PuppetsWar arms - There are several ball-and-socket connections allowing for some pretty dramatic posing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dread looks very aggressive in that stance, should attract a lot of attention on the tabletop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing as always! I've been eyeing those arms for a while. . . Actually seeing them on a dread really helps make up my mind to pick some up, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap, this is amazing! Even my Thunderwolves would think twice before charging such a monstrosity, and they have lived to tell the tale after being charged by an Ironclad Dreadnought and 5 Terminators with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the dread! The pose is perfect!

    ReplyDelete