Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pictures from an exhibition - GenCon 2013

Figured I'd share some other pics from the convention before delving back into the guard!


There were some really big games...


I got into a playtest with the developer for an OGRE expansion slated for release next year, which was an absolute blast.  (I'm the dork in the car wars shirt).


There were some really cool dioramas...


...And a frightful dichotomy of hall decorations.


And tons of props and doo-dads!


The costumes were many and varied. Fantasy, sci-fi, and everything in between.


Some amusing mashups as well. The jawa jedi was very amusing, and I lost count of all the Deadpool variations I saw.


...Not to mention a seemingly unending supply of Batfolk!


Though when it comes to mash-ups, this band really takes the grand prize. They were taking it in turns to sing in Pirate drawl, Klingon and Shyriiwook (I'm ashamed that I know what the Wookiee language is called).


Last but not least, some nice 40k cosplay to bring it back to the hobby!

4 comments:

  1. lol, at a gaming convention 'dork' doesn't mean all that much, though I believe the general preference is 'geek'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, madame Commissar is rather fetching indeed...

    Nice pics mate, and is fun seeing what you look like on the other side of this internet thing, though not what I was expecting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Da Masta Cheef: Hah! So true.

    @MasterDarksol: That is was, good times were had by all!

    @Dai: Aye, she was really nice as well. Not the most flattering pic of me I'll admit, but it was the only one with me in it from the whole con...

    ReplyDelete