Monday, September 8, 2014

Adeptus Mechanicus - Thanatar Painting begins!

The drummer in my ridiculous band's wife just had their second child, so my usual sunday afternoon schedule of drinking beer and making a racket band practice has been curtailed for the next several months. That means a few more hours of painting time a week instead! Since I had all the reds and golds out from working on the Thousand Sons, I decided I'd make a start of the Thanatar:


Had to pull out the Castellax to ensure I matched up with the existing scheme, which worked out pretty well - the Thanatar is essentially just an overgrown Castellax. Trying to carry through the "shiny black faceplates" as I've done on the Castellax and Thallax, as well. Still plenty of work remaining but the heavy lifting is done at this point!

8 comments:

  1. You Sir, are a painting machine! Great progress and looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff - I hadn't realised how much bigger he really was - the Castellax are big - he's blooming huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another day of wonderful eye candy! Man I love these guys...must keep wallet closed..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!

    Some Mechanicus music to get you through painting...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXa9tXcMhXQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the second Thanatar on my blog roll today and is making me rethink my choice of not buying from GW again. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Technically it would be from forge world :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. O that's going to be an amazing addition to the Ad Mech army. So cool to see it next to the wee ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Siph_Horridus: Thanks man, just cranking away at 'em - a little bit each day and before you know it they're done!

    @Frothing Muppet: Aye, he's a beast all right!

    @Greg Hess: Hah! Stay strong, the siren call of FW will doom you! :)

    @Jugger: Nice! I actually have some Kraftwerk in the painting music list!

    @Paul Smith: Hah! Sadly mine is a pale reflection of the mastery of Dave Taylor's Thanatar! I'm pretty much FW-only these days, their stuff is just beautiful!

    @Dai: It's coming together, gonna try and take a family photo.

    ReplyDelete