Friday, September 5, 2014

Heresy Era Thousand Sons - Veteran and Seeker Squads painting begins

As I'd mentioned in the previous post, I'm nearing the finish line on the Thousand Sons but that's not to say I'm shelving 'em just yet! Over the last couple mornings before work the Veterans and the Seekers have gotten their reds done, and are now ready for the detailing process:


That got me thinking - I hadn't updated the painting chart for the KSons recently, and was quite happy to see that I was able to turn a large swath of it green! The intent was to stick with an army that fit the Age of Darkness FOC, so 3 HQ, 1 Lord of War, 4 Elites, 2-6 Troops, 3 Fast Attack, and 3 Heavy Support. I'm leaving a couple slots open assuming that FW will release models when the Prospero book finally drops, Magnus and Ahriman of course, and I'm crossing my fingers for some Sekhmet Terminators and Disc Riders. We'll see! The Spireguard are being built along the same lines - as an Allied force they only get 1 each of HQ, Elites, Fast Attack and Heavy Support, and 2 Troops. Hopefully by the end of the year Conquest will have been released and I can really dig into finishing up the Imperial Army section of the force (as well as dive into the Geno Five-Two).


In other news, Feast of Blades is rapidly approaching (10th-12th of October), and they're doing a Heresy tournament which I plan on attending. The event runs on Sunday and is set at 1750 points, so I banged together a quick list based primarily on what's painted already. The only outstanding models I'll need to finish are a pair of Deimos-pattern Rhinos (winging their way to me from FW even as we speak) and the erstwhile sergeant from the Veteran squad to act as the squad leader when I break the usual 20-man blob into two 10-man tac squads. Got about a month to finish up two Rhinos and a sergeant, as well as finish up the weathering on the other tanks - should be doable!


Fully plan on getting annihilated in the tourney as I'll basically be running a vanilla heresy army - will be tough to stand up to legions who have had their fancy rules and units released, but it should be a blast nonetheless!

6 comments:

  1. I think as long as you go into the tourney with a relaxed mindset like that, you'll be sure to have a blast.

    Very well done with the spreadsheet/checklist. I think I might have to copy that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one can't wait to read and see the battle report from that upcoming tournament. The last one you had was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an expensive army there, mate. Nice looking though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Greg Hess: Indeed! I figure if they lose the battle, it's all part of Tzeentch's larger scheme and is therefore a victory! :)

    @Catachan Commissar: Definitely plan on taking a bunch of pictures!

    @John Lambshead: Aye, the army sort of snuck up on me and ran off with my wallet. It's been accumulating in drips and drabs over the last a year or two, so it didn't seem much until it gets added up at the end. ...It's insidious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't felt brave enough to tot up my DG yet - it might just remind me how much I've spent :-)

    ReplyDelete