Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Adeptus Mechanicus - Thanatar painting complete

Managed to sneak in an hour or painting last night and snapped some pics this evening after I got home. Thanatar ready for deployment!


Not a whole lot of change from the previous post, got the shading on the gold and blue, managed to get the sealant on in a break in the surprisingly rainy weather, then applied the gloss coat to the faceplate. I'm thinking that it needs a little battle damage/weathering, now that I'm looking at it. I do like the 'fresh off the factory floor' look though - the tech priests would endeavor to keep their charges in peak condition, after all!


Pulled out all the Castellax and Thallax for a little Legio Cybernetica family portrait - quite pleased with how they all tie together!

9 comments:

  1. Looks great man, I am currently painting my Krios tanks before putting them together, and then it's on to my Automata as well! Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a family portrait! Brilliant stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would happily remove piles of orks from the table just to play this army. Great army shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That family portrait is nice - scary, but nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, I like the cohesive look of the family. If FW only could release some skitarii to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fan frikken tastic mate!

    Great family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one badass bot'! Nice work my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Man I have to say the light blue and gold accents on the back of the thanatar really make it pop. Also, I dig the gloss-black of the "head" shell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Damn The Valley: Nice! I really want to get my hands on a Krios - hope to see some pics of what you come up with!

    @Col. Ackland: Thanks mate!

    @Greg Hess: Thanks! I have yet to field any of 'em, quite looking forward to seeing how they perform!

    @Zab: Cheers bud!

    @Agis: Totally! The tech thralls are neat, but I'd love to see some actual Skitarii as well!

    @Fai: Thanks very much!

    @Jugger: He's a beast, no doubt!

    @Eater of Small Things: Thanks man! Tried to have a common theme to the paint scheme running through all of 'em, worked out pretty well in the end!

    Cheers, everyone!

    ReplyDelete