Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Fighting fire with fire...


Managed to get a decent amount of work done on the penultimate group of Orks over the memorial day weekend. Whenever possible I try to use the 'assembly line' method when working on horde armies. It's not nearly as satisfying as painting a small group to quick completion, but it gets the job done. It also helps to ensure a uniform look to larger units, or in this case, across multiple units. I do try to mix it up a bit to keep my enthusiasm up, so I've been alternating between Burna Boyz and Grots. I'm down to the final detailing step with this group, which I hope to finish off by next weekend. After that, there's three character figs and I can say that I'm done with the Orks! That will actually be a nice feeling - having an army finished for a change...


2 comments:

  1. Well done fella, looks like good progress. I don't enjoy the assembly lne process as much either - that is until the end! Lots of minis done, wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - aye, once they're all (finally) done it's a nice feeling of accomplishment. Just slogging through to that point is the problem. It will be nice to switch back to the Guard and just concentrate on painting up 5-10 man squads!

    ReplyDelete